Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Arrival In Kenya - Aug 26th

I can honestly say that was probably one of the longest trips (well at least in my mind) to Kenya that I have ever taken! The first flight was all night and I just could not sleep - the plane was full and I had the big screen right in front of me. It was like day light even with my eyes closed. I tried to wear my hoodie backwards, but it was just too hot having it over my face. The second flight seemed to go on and on - I spent most of my time looking out the window - as we went over the alps, then the little coastal towns of Italy and the islands in the Mediterranean. From there on out it got pretty dull as we crossed the Sahara Desert. We landed just as the sun was setting - and let me tell you the sunset was beautiful. Golden yellows mixed with orange and pink. It was a gift from God.

They stopped me in customs and asked about my luggage, but as soon as I shared with them that I was here helping with a medical/dental clinic they waved me on through. Ogetcha was waiting for me which I was thankful for.

A nice hot shower awaited me and I was ready for a good night of sleep. Thank you all for your prayers for a safe trip! Glad to be here safe and sound!

kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home