Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Perfect Day

Because of the pouring rain yesterday, we had to postpone our trip out to the old Mzee's boma to deliver food for his family. Unfortunately, our 4-wheel drive is not working and though we have the parts ordered, they've not yet arrived!

Celeste was praying all night that God would keep the rain away from us today so we could go and worship with the mission group out in Esukuta. We woke up to gray sky's but the rain stayed away. We discovered that the rain has still not come as far as Kajiado, so people there are still suffering from the drought.

Marlin gave the sermon today, his topic, letting God fight the battles in our lives. Since he is staying with the mission group and not here at the house, little did he know that God used him to speak to Celeste's and my heart. Just this morning, Celeste and I were talking and praying about that very subject. God showed us so many verses and promises this morning. As usual, Satan is stirring the pot with a certain group trying to disrupt and destroy. We are learning a great lesson on "Waiting on the Lord".

After church we accompanied the mission group to visit the girls at Kajiado Rescue Centre. What fun we had with the girls. Later the girls sang for us. I could have listened to them all day! Before leaving, I had the opportunity to speak with the girls for a few minutes about dreaming, setting goals and the ability to achieve their dreams. The potential in the girls is amazing.

Leaving Kajiado, we traveled to Kisaju to visit the Sumug family, especially Joshua Tenina. He is the little boy who was born in my truck 7 years ago and who's mother died from a ruptured uterus, bleeding out in my truck. She was a good friend of mine, we actually got her to a clinic, where they packed her, but by the time we got her to the hospital and she had surgery, it was too late. I remember giving my blood to help, unfortunately there was not enough blood available to help her. While she was in surgery the song, "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus" came on over the radio. As I looked at the hematoma on my arm from giving my blood in hopes that she would live, I was reminded that only the blood of Jesus gives us life.

As we were driving up to the boma today, I could see some little children running out towards us, I knew one of them was Tenina. I jumped out of the truck and knelt down with my arms open. Tenina came running up to me and threw himself in my arms. My heart melted all over the ground.

Looking around the outside of the boma area, we saw dead cows. In one area alone were about 5 dead cows. They lay in every direction, a constant reminder of the devastation of the drought. The stomachs were slit so that the dogs and vultures would eat them.

After saying good-by to the Sumug family, we left to visit yet another daughter of Nalamai (the mother of Tenina). When we arrived, we found that Damarice was sick so we didn't stay long. What a wonderful day we had fellowshipping and reconnecting with life long friends in Maasailand.

From Kisaju on, Marlin road in our vehicle. It felt kind of strange leaving him off at the Division with the rest of the group and coming on home without him. I won't see him now for a couple of days. Seems funny we are in the same country and yet still apart. I think something is wrong with this picture.

Jan Meharry
Founder/Executive Director
Maasai Development Project - www.4mdp.org
Help Give: Hope for Life - Hope in Life, one girl, one woman at a time.
Your support helps save young girls from under going the horrific FGM and forced early marriage. When you save a child, you save a village.


____________________________________________________________
Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTFoYap8xcD546kZvI3ooNj03UzDC4EKoAVPekjT8wDXxFwxZPT3jy/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home