Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Oct. 26th, Friday


We were up bright and early and headed down over the escarpment into the Great Rift Valley heading down to Narok District to spend the weekend with the lay pastors/teachers and take baby Sammy to his new home. The roads were extremely rough and as we climbed the other side of the escarpment we found that the night before it had rained and the road had turned into mud. A bus and a couple of trucks had gotten stuck thus totally blocking the road. For two hours we sat in the traffic jam, and finally they brought in a tracter and bulldozer and built us a new road! (Only in Kenya - SMILE)

We stopped briefly in the town of Narok, filled up at the Petrol station, grabbed a couple of samosa's to eat and headed on. This was gonna be a ALL day trip!!
By late afternoon we had reached our distination.

We stopped in at Pastor James Nanka's home and Pastor Moses' home. It was time to give baby Sammy over to his new care taker.....words cannot describe how my heart felt! I knew I was doing the right thing, but in just those few days my heart had bonded to his. I wanted to take him in my arms and bring him home to the US with me -but I knew I must give him up. He would be in a good home with a caring lady, and family that will teach him about the love of Jesus!

As I lay in my tent that night my eyes filled with tears and my heart ached - I believe God gave me a small glimpse of the love that He has for us. How his heart aches when we are away from Him, how He yearns to hold us close and keep us safe.

I will be praying for baby Sammy daily - and I know he will grow up someday to be a great Maasai Warrior for Jesus! Baby Sammy changed my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home