Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Medical/Dental Team arrives today!

Today is the day! Am so excited to pick everyone up at the airport!

Yesterday Heather and I went out to Mashuru to check out the clinic site, figure out the best spots to put our tents up, and meet the Chief of Mashuru. We also got to visit with Gracie in her school and that was great fun. After that we headed to Kajiado and visited with all the children there. We gave out their packets in the dining-room and they loved all the little goodies that their sponsors sent. Heather helped the ones that struggled with writing, we blew up balloons, read Primary Treasure stories to them and taught Janet Nkale to be a photographer. She had my camara and we all posed for shots. Before we headed out, Heather did some gymnastic for them (back bends, and handstands) which many of them attempted, much to the amusement of the others.

We stopped by and visited with Lay Pastor Daniel Sinti and family. He and his wife take care of Samwel the little baby that we took in about 2 years ago. In March he had burned his arm, so I wanted to check up on him and see how it was doing. He was great and his arm had healed up wonderfully. From their we went to see Tenina who was out taking care of the cows near his home ( he is probably about 7 years old). He was so excited to see, and came running from over the little hill that he was on with the cows. We visited for awhile and then headed back to Maxwell Adventist Academy.

After a very long evening of sorting meds and re-packing them we headed to bed (around 1:00am) This morning we are up bright and early and ready for a day of shopping, baking, and airport pick ups. It feels a little warmer today, which is great! Yesterday morning I sat on the front steps of the ad building (I can get wireless there) checking emails and I could see my breath even with the sun shining on me.

I wish you could all be here with us. I am so fortunate to be able to come and be a part of this! I just love it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have just read your blog Kim and want to tell you I am praying for you and the group. I wish I could be there with you. I still miss Kenya even after 30+ years
Gwenyth in Victoria , Australia
gwenythd@westnet.com.au

July 17, 2009 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Kim DeWitt said...

Thanks Gwen, its great to know that you were on our blog! We would love to have you join us! Australia is not that far away! SMILE
My folks have mentioned how much fun it would be to have you along!

July 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home