Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Esokata church

By the time I landed in Nairobi, I had come down with a head cold. So today I have slept, drank water, unpacked and cleaned the office so it is ready for me to start work. Pray that I feel better quickly.

I will be going to a Harambe (fundraiser) for the building of the Esokata church on Sunday. I just spoke to MDP lay pastor, Daniel Sinti who is organizing the fundraiser and he told me that Central Kenya Conference is donating 37 iron sheets for the roof and the timber needed for the building. Originally they were going to build a temporary iron sheet structure but have decided to step out in faith and build a permanent structure so they can host the Maasai campmeetings for this conference. They need to raise KSH 1,000,000/= or $15,000. If you are willing to help with this church, please e-mail me at janmeharry@juno.com or send your tax deductable donation to Maasai Development Project, PO Box 294, Harvey, ND 58341 and earmark it for the Esokata church. I will keep you updated on the progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home