Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday - November 1

Marlin and I hoped to visit Nairobi Central Church and friends this morning, but I woke up about 3:00 in the morning sick. Malaria and a hacking cough. Marlin left for the chemist to get malaria medication as we are leaving tomorrow and hopefully the medication will have already started to take effect by the time we leave. There were just too many days with lack of sleep and irregular meals, constantly on the go or working in the office.

This afternoon we were happy to have Jackie Kenani come visit us with her four children. I haven't seen them for several years, so this was a great surprise. I only wish I had felt better.

I am going to log off for the final time and go to bed. Tomorrow will be spent working in the office finishing last minute bookwork. MDP has been needing to find a accountant to help with our books here in Kenya so that I can spend more time in the field. Jackie has agreed to return tomorrow to discuss the possibility of her taking over this job. YES.

Tomorrow evening will find us (hopefully) at the airport on our way home. This trip has been blessed and successful and now we can't wait to get home to our families.

Thanks for sharing this trip with me through the blog. Until Next Time.

Jan

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kim, i think its a wonderful thing you are doing. i myself would also like to participate but i have no way to afford something like that,let alone eat, or way back. i was a nursing assistant but due to rods in my arm i no longer can do my loved profession. ilove helping people and if i can help in any way let me know.

November 2, 2008 at 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kim, anonymous get hold of me at robinwhitcome@yahoo.com

November 2, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home