Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tuesday - October 28

At 2:00 AM, the electricity went out. I woke up fretting as I had not turned on the hot water heater the night before to insure that we would have hot water for showers. Nor had I packed my suitcase for our trip to the Mara. With the fan off it was instantly hot and the security lights off, it was very dark. I began praying, "Lord whenever you choose to turn the electricity back on I will be grateful but you also know our schedule, so before 4:00 would be appreciated". I then laid there unable to go back to sleep, my body screaming for rest and my mind unable to turn off for the rest. At 3:30 the electricity came back on so I got up to turn the hot water heater on only to find that our shower room was flooded. After a hectic morning we were on the road by 6:00. Already traffic was not good but at least it kept moving slowly. We had to stop at Ogoti's office to pick up the payroll money that I would need in Narok on Thursday and then on to the hotel for breakfast. We made it.

We only had a few minutes to actually talk to Eric as he was busy preparing to leave that morning with his group to tour their projects. Those few minutes were mighty as I asked questions and he shared about his organization and how it is financed. You can't imagine how much I learned in those few minutes. It was so timely as I was on my way out to Siana in the Mara to meet with the builder and the County Councilor regarding the Hosetel for the MDP sponsored rescued girls. Eric has agreed to coach me through the building project. Making it a combined MDP/Community project to become sustainable and one day turn over to the community. My spirits were soaring at the end of that meeting.

Marlin, Anne and I said goodby to Bubbles and headed to the Union Office for more meetings and to pick up our driver, Ogecha. By noon we were on our way or so we thought, when we were forced to stop for vehicle repairs again in two days. Finally we were on our way, picking up our Narok Districk coordinator in Narok town and traveling another 2 hours to Siana. After dropping him off at his home, we found a place to stay and collapsed into bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home