Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Friday – October 10, 2008

People often ask me, "Just what is it you actually do while you are in Kenya?" More often than not, it is not glamorous or exciting, but rather making sure the wheel s continue to turn. Hopefully by keeping this blog you will understand a bit more of what I actually do while here. For instance, today, I plan to start on four months worth of bookkeeping and accounting that has been awaiting my arrival to complete; so that by the time I leave we will be caught up on all of our quarterly financial reports. MDP is audited yearly and reports must be turned in to the Bureau of NGO's and also the Kenya Revenue (IRS in states) in order to keep up our NGO status.

I always look forward to the weekends when I can be out visiting our Sabbath schools and lay workers. Tomorrow I will most likely go to visit the Esokata branch Sabbath school. It has been a couple of years since I have actually worshiped with them there. If I lived in Kenya full time, I would have to go to a different station every week in order to reach each station within the year. So when my time is limited to approximately 12 weeks it takes me much longer to visit each station. It is always exciting though to see the growth in the time I've been away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home