Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunday – October 12, 2008

Be careful what you pray for. As I mentioned in my previous blog, I was supposed to go to Esokata for a harambe today from 1:00 – 3:00. It is about an hour and a half drive because of the torn up roads right now and I wasn’t too excited about going. Before leaving I was trying to squeeze in a couple hours of work in the office. I am a bit overwhelmed with the paper work right now so was thinking to myself that I wished I hadn’t promised to go to the harambe. As it turned out I got there and there was no harambe today. Daniel had just said that to get me out there. Soooo……we visited and talked about the church building they are planning. I took a look at there cost estimates and refigured them with the new prices. I will put it on the web site when I get home. Prices here in Kenya have shot up through the roof. We had prayer together and are confident that God is going to provide the necessary funding for the building. Before we could finish shop talk, the ladies of the village came in with a hot meal, (my first since arriving in Kenya). That in itself was worth the drive out. On the way home I was thinking about the long drive and the work in the office and suddenly the thought came to me “didn’t you pray for under the tree time?” I giggled and shared with my driver, Ogecha how I had been praying that God would provide reconnecting time with the people in the village and for sure the last two days have been total answers to prayer. I guess the office work will always be there and can wait another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home