Maasai Development Project

The Maasai Development Project Blog will be used by members to post updates particularly while on trips to Kenya. Here you can view these posts and make comments.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday - October 15, 2008

N E W S F L A S H ! ! ! It's finally here, internet in the MDP office. No more traveling 45 minutes to the free internet coffee house trying to get work done during the allotted time for the free internet usage. No more sitting for long hours at the Cyber Cafe frustrated with slow and sometimes broken keyboards. You have no idea what a blessing this is. I feel like a very blessed woman.

Last Friday I spent two hours until my battery went dead on my computer trying to send an important e-mail. In frustration I closed my computer and walked out. As I was sharing with a friend of mine who was in a shop next door, one of her other friends heard me saying I wanted to try to get a certain brand modem for my computer. She told me not to do that because she had bought that modem and it was so slow she would happily give it away to anyone who would take it. She shared some information about another brand and recommended I check it out. On Monday morning after getting up early to get to the coffee house to try to get all my work done before the allotted time was up only to have the internet turned off at a crucial time in my work, I decided, it was time! So I went on into town and purchased a modem for my computer. This literally saves me hours of time sitting in traffic and being frustrated not being able to complete my work before the time is up. Did I mention how excited I am?

Tuesday I spent in the office working and then ran errands to see about getting some work done on the vehicle.

Today, I woke up with a full day's work in the office. Our administrator was coming over to work and we had a lot we hoped to accomplish. Just as I went into the office and turned the computers on, the electricity went out. There is only so much you can do without electricity. Isn't it something how dependent we have become on electricity, electronic equipment etc.? Long story short the electricity didn't come on until about 3:00 this afternoon. So I jumped in to get as much done as I could. It's getting late now and I need to close up, but I did want to share a bit of exciting news with you.

We had a meeting today with Josh, a young man we are working with to build the Siana Girls Rescue Hostel. He is going to draw up plans this week and give a detailed cost list for the project. We will be sharing that with you, our donors. When you hear that we need $100,000 to build the Hostel, you may feel overwhelmed with the cost and wonder what difference your small donation could make. However, most people can afford to donate 6 kgs of nails for $14 or money for a window etc. If everyone were to choose one item to donate, it wouldn't take long before the building project was paid for. With this in mind as soon as we get the list finished, I will be publishing it on the web site. We are stepping out in faith on this and I feel confident that you will want to have a part in completing this project. One person cannot do it alone, but together we can have a home for our rescued girls within a few short months. Thank you in advance for your tax deductable donations.

I'm off to get some rest now so I can get up early and start over in the office again. Hopefully the electricity will remain on all day. I hope to see the beginning of the endf for the paper work by tommorow evening. Just one more thing, isn't God just so awesome? Remember, you are His favorite child in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home